Scroll down below to the terms & conditions for Escape the Estate LLC.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. You will be given an opening clue to begin your mystery.
If you arrive after your start time you may either join the group mid-play, or return at another time slot on another day if available. There are no refunds.
Please note we reserve the right to remove any guests who are visibly intoxicated, rowdy, or who cause damage to property.
General Terms and Conditions
Please read and understand the following terms and conditions as they are binding for all ticket purchases.
By purchasing the ticket, you (“Ticket Holder”) agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of sale specified herein and any other provision as may be specified from time to time by Escape The Estate LLC or Licensee (”Venue Owner”). The Venue Owner, their agents or employees shall not be liable for any death, personal injury, loss, damage however caused while in the venue, location or place related to the Museum of Intrigue (“Site”) nor are they liable for any complaints, claims, refunds, or exchange for any reason, including without limitation, cancellation or postponement of the Museum of Intrigue experience. All fees shall not be refundable. Any refunds shall be made only at Museum of Intrigue management’s discretion. Tickets are sold subject to the following conditions:
(1) You have expressly agreed to participate, join, enter, use, play and/or access to Museum of Intrigue experience at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Venue Owner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties, merchantability or fitness for the operation of the Museum of Intrigue experiences. The Venue Owner does not warrant the reliability, accuracy, completeness, current or error-free of the product, content and materials included, used or deployed on the Site. If a product, content or material is not as described, you have expressly waive the right to claim any damages and/or losses including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages derive from such use or reliance of the description of the product, content or material.
(2) All items including but not limited to your personal belongings, stuff, object, luggage, baggage, watches, wallet, item and/or property, shall be kept by you at your sole risk. In any event, Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss of your personal belongings, stuff, object, luggage, baggage, watches, wallet, item and/or property, either within the Site or outside of Site. The risk of loss for your personal belongings, stuff, object, luggage, baggage, watches, wallet, item and/or property shall be borne by you upon entrance on the Site or engagement with the Museum of Intrigue Business.
(3) To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law; Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall not be responsible for any risk, hazard, danger, security, threat, safety and/or protection for Museum of Intrigue experience. You shall be solely responsible, answerable, accountable for your personal safety, security, body condition, disease transmission, pregnancy, health condition, while you participate, join, enter, use, play and/or access to Museum of Intrigue experiences. Venue Owner hereby expressly warn, caution, advise, inform and/or notify that the Museum of Intrigue may be dangerous, hazardous, risky, and unsafe, insecure to you and you shall be duly informed, notified and understand the underlying danger, risk, hazard of the Museum of Intrigue experience and shall further confirmed, ensure and guard against your body condition and personal safety for the Museum of Intrigue experience.
(4) You undertake to behave, conduct, perform, carry out, execute, achieve and complete the Museum of Intrigue experience in accordance to the instruction, command and rules specified by Venue Owner failing which Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall have the right and power to decline or refuse your entry to the Site.
(5) You shall not be allowed to record, capture or snap any photograph, video, film, tape, audio recording whatsoever before, during and after the Museum of Intrigue experiences save and except with the explicit permission of Venue Owner. If such recording activity is found within the Site, Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall reserve the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to delete, remove or transfer such recording to any device, media or hardware owned by Venue Owner, the copyright of such recordings will deemed automatically granted by you to Venue Owner.
(6) You undertake not to carry or bring any dangerous, harmful or hazardous object into the Site including but not limited to sharp object, explosive items, weapon or item deemed to be dangerous or harmful to other visitors on the Site. In the event if such item or object is found, Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall have the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to remove and confiscate such item or object and further decline or refuse your entry to the Site.
(7) You shall not enter the Site under the influence of drugs or intoxicated, failing which Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall reserve all rights and power to decline or refuse your entry to the Site. If you are found to be under such influence, Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall have the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to remove and confiscate such alcohol, drug or liquor without any compensation, remedy or damages and shall reserves all rights and authority to take the necessary legal action to ensure reputation of Museum of Intrigue business remain intact and guard against any risk or harm towards the Museum of Intrigue business. All losses, damages or legal costs derive from such incident shall be solely borne by you.
(8) You shall be responsible to wear the proper and suitable attire including but not limited to footwear and clothing before the commencement of the Museum of Intrigue experience.
(9) The website is owned and operated by Escape The Estate LLC. The company holds the right to amend or vary these Terms and conditions including any of the contents of the website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice. The hereinafter terms apply to the use by any visitor of the Museum of Intrigue Website and should be read carefully before any use:
(9a) Museum of Intrigue does its best to supply you with the most current and accurate information on its website.
(9b) The Museum of Intrigue website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website.
(9c) You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of the Museum of Intrigue’s website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
(9d) You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. Museum of Intrigue will take all appropriate steps to protect the security of any payment card information though Museum of Intrigue shall not be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
(9e) Museum of Intrigue shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
(10) Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
(11) The game is designed for a team of 1-10 people per room.
(12) The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of Museum of Intrigue. You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of Museum of Intrigue and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor’s rights.
(13) All the terms of any contract are included or assigned to within these terms and conditions.
(14) Museum of Intrigue’s website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of Museum of Intrigue’s control and you use them at your own risk.
(15) Museum of Intrigue collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensure that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
(16) Museum of Intrigue recommends arriving 15 minutes prior to booked time slot. The 60 minute timer will start running as per the allocated time schedule.
(17) Due to the nature of the game no recordings can be taken inside the room. We do reserve the right to take photographs/video of you or your group during the experience. By agreeing to the above terms you are permitting us to use photographs/video for marketing purposes.
(18) Museum of Intrigue expects visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
(19) Museum of Intrigue may contact you from time to time with offers and promotions via email or phone.
(20) Museum of Intrigue is entitled to charge the guests for any damage, which is intentional, accidental, or caused by misuse of items.
(21) While you are at our premises, you must ensure to conform to our codes and regulations, adopt proper standards of behavior, and cooperate with our employees having security responsibilities.
(22) Museum of Intrigue doesn’t tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees.
(23) If you wish to transfer your Game(s) into someone else’s name, you must contact Museum of Intrigue by either email or telephone at least two hours before the start of the game. Museum of Intrigue may refuse this facility.
(24) Games may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Game is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Game or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the game.
(25) You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to Museum of Intrigue that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
(26) You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. Museum of Intrigue is not sending confirmation via post or text message.
(27) A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late 15 minutes or more. In such a situation the money is not refundable and the booking is not changeable.
(28) The price of a game is stated on the Museum of Intrigue website in the Booking section.
(29) The price is set according to number of people in a room and to the timing of the week.
(30) Bookings can be made online on the Museum of Intrigue website, via phone, email or in person.
(31) Most major credit cards, debit cards, or cash are accepted to settle the payment.
(32) Full payment is required at the time of booking.
(33) Museum of Intrigue is a live event so once the booking is confirmed; refunds, cancellations or reschedules are not accepted.
(34) In the case of less people attending the game than it is booked for, the price difference will not be reimbursed.
(35) If more people attend the game than it is booked for, the price difference can be settled upon arrival to the game.
(36) If you need to contact Museum of Intrigue you can do so using any of the following methods
Telephone: 1-855-65-Escape (1-855-653-7227)
(37) This site is operated by Museum of Intrigue (we or us). We have our registered office at 116 Brookfield Rd Syracuse, NY 13211.
(38) Each Museum of Intrigue player will be instructed before their game by their assigned local GameMaster. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk. Also, Museum of Intrigue is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game.
(39) If you are late for more than 15 minutes of the original time of your booking, the reservation becomes a no-show automatically and you won’t be able to start your game. To re-book another slot must be of your own expenses and according to current availability.
(40) Drinks and food may not be brought into the Museum.
(41) To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address.
(42) Children of ages between 0 and 13 have to be accompanied by at least 1 adult per game